ProfileA property specialist, my work encompasses residential landlord and tenant disputes (including lease extension and enfranchisement as well as claims for possession of property), commercial landlord and tenant matters (including applications to the Court for a new lease and dilapidations) and real property (easements and private rights of way, restrictive covenants, boundary disputes and applications to register land under the Commons Act 2006). I am able to assist with all matters that relate to leases, land and property more generally.
Outside of Chambers, I am co-author of the textbook 'Restrictions on the Use of Land', a property specialist text which focuses upon land law and in particular on restrictive covenants, easements and public rights of way, as well as other impediments to development.
Examples of my recent work are as follows:
Landlord and tenant work:
- acting for both landlords and tenants in service charge disputes before the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber);
- acting for a landlord appealing the revocation of an HMO Licence to the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber);
- acting for 42 leaseholders seeking to challenge the reasonableness of service charges before the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- acting for Claimants and Respondents in claims for possession of property, including in cases where discrimination is raised as a defence under the Equality Act 2010;
- advising on leasehold enfranchisement and lease extension;
- advising and representing clients in relation to forfeiture actions;
- judicial review in the context of homelessness
- acting for the applicants at a 4 day hearing in their application for registration of prescriptive easements (private rights of way) before the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber);
- acting in numerous cases involving boundary disputes in the County Court;
- acting for an objector at a 6 day inquiry in relation to an application to register land as a town or village green;
- advice in relation to the flooding of agricultural land;
- advice and representation in relation to adverse possession
- advice and representation in relation to an application to discharge or modify restrictive covenants which impeded development.
Contact the Expert
Complete the form below to contact the expert directly.